Sunday 12 May 2013

Evaluation


The performance on Tuesday was a really positive one. Our goals from start to finish were matched in a way in which we communicated to the audience how we modernised the play, The Tempest. Moments in the play where I came on stage and I know I could've been much more stronger in my voice but physically I was quite strong. My choices were one where I would react to whatever was happening on stage and also reacting to what people were saying too and that only made my performance better.

To begin with, when I came on I was unsure of what my objective was which is unfortunate because I've learnt that it's always important to have an objective before you go on stage. Either way I found myself saying the lines without much meaning and I felt that doing this made my performance below par but after I came off stage and went back on I was back on track, knowing what I was saying and why I was saying it.

Furthermore, I found that being active always on stage helped me to better my performance and my appearance on stage; I knew that reacting to everything that happened on stage naturally would be interesting for the audience to watch. I also believed that it was challenging being a split character mainly because I had different things to do compared to my other co-actor and I found it hard to adjust to when it was my turn to speak but in the end I found it easy to do mainly because the rhythm and the flow of the words came naturally and instinctually.

To conclude, I know now that I need to make my objectives clearer whenever I move or speak. This is essential because then I can make it clearer for myself and also for the audience my experience throughout the story. In addition, I felt that in order to make my voice clearer I would have to definitely work on my articulation which I have been doing during the summer break.

No comments:

Post a Comment